Francois M. Blaudeau, MD, JD, FCLM
For over a decade, Dr. Francois Blaudeau has been working daily to bring a higher quality of medical care to the women of Alabama and the Southeastern United States. A pioneer in the field of minimally invasive surgical techniques, Dr. Blaudeau strives to lessen the suffering, the cost, and the risks related to women’s surgery.
- 2002 – Established the Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery (IMIS), a non-profit educational and research organization to develop and promote laparoscopic surgical techniques.
- 1998 – Admitted to the Alabama Bar Association Established Southern Institute for Medical and Legal Affairs to serve as an advocate for physicians’ and patients’ rights, as well as offering legal counsel to the general public.
- 1995 – Established The Women’s Clinic in Clanton, Alabama to service the needs of Chilton County residents.
- 1996 – Joined the Teaching Faculty in Gynecology for the UAB Department of Family Medicine.
- 1991 – Established Alabama Ob-Gyn Specialists. Surgical privileges approved at HealthSouth Medical Center, UAB Medical West, Carraway Methodist Medical Center, and Brookwood Hospital.
- 1991 – Served as Assistant Clinical Director of Charity Hospital in New Orleans. Direct responsibility for all aspects of clinical care and management of a 1000-bed Major Trauma Center.
- 1998 – Birmingham School of Law ,Birmingham ,Alabama Juris Doctor Degree
- 1993 – American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Passed written exams for Board Certification
- 1991 – Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans ,LA
- Completed residency training in OB-GYN
1987 – University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham ,AL Doctor of Medicine Degree
- 1981-83 – University of Alabama at Birmingham Forensic & Neuroscience Research, U.A.B.
- 1981 – Birmingham Southern College – Birmingham ,Alabama Bachelor of Arts Degree: Political Science
- Four year Varsity Soccer.
Practicing Attorney, Riley & Jackson, Birmingham, Alabama Chairman of the Board of Directors & Scientific Advisory Board, Biomedical Disposal Inc. Member, American Society Of Forensic Obstetricians & Gynecologists
Fluent in French, Spanish, and Italian
Interests and Activities:
Spending time with wife and five children, hunting, golf, travel, politics, and relaxing at his farm in Mississippi .
Click here to read Portfolio
You will need the Adobe Reader to view and print these documents.